High Voltage Detectors (HVD’s) are widely used throughout the electricity industry to determine that high voltage lines are de-energised prior to work being carried out thus ensuring safety of personnel. Designed to comply with relevant IEC standards, the HVD07 is for use on system voltages up to 66/132kV.
HVD’s are battery operated electronic contact devices that give clear indication of the status of the line under test both visually, by means of super-bright LED’s and audibly with a high intensity buzzer. This ensures clear indication even in conditions of bright sunlight and high background noise.
The voltage setting to trigger activation (or threshold setting) can be set in accordance with IEC standards or in consultation with the user where detectors are used on a range of system voltages. All detectors have the facility to self check before and after use.
Automatic alarming above threshold voltage as default.
Fast response time , less than 1 second.
High Impact ABS body.
Self test facility.
Use indoor & outdoors in all weather conditions.
Shock & drop resistant.
Standard safety yellow (other colours available).
Various rod adaptors available to suit different operating rod styles.
Wide range of accessories.
Easy access for battery replacement.
HVD 07 Specifications:
- HVD 07: 66/132kV System voltage.
- Set within the range: 13.2 to 29.7kV, 50/60Hz.
- Visual Indication (Safe Condition): Green LED flashes at 2Hz.
- Voltage Present (Alarm Condition): Red LED flashes at 2Hz and Buzzer sounds with 3.1kHz tone, modulated at – 70dBA at 1.5m.
- Response Time: <1second.
- -25°C to +55°C operating temp range.
- Battery: 9V PP3-C IEC 6LF22.
- Easy to use and Lightweight (0.6kg).